Rockstar Cheer Cleveland COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Last Update: May 26, 2020
Rockstar Cheer Cleveland has taken many steps within our program to make sure everything is as safe as possible for our athletes, staff, and families. Our staff is committed to excellence in adherence to these policies. We are request that athletes and their families assist us by following the guidelines below.
- All athletes, staff and family members should take their temperature prior to arriving at the facility. If their temperature is over 100 degrees or they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms/not feeling well within 48 hours prior to their scheduled lesson or class time, please have them stay home to rest and recover.
- Staff will record attendance and responses to health screening questions to assist with contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
- Class sizes will be reduced and overall number of people in the facility will be limited to meet occupancy code restrictions as advised by the Ohio Department of Health.
- All athletes, staff and family members are asked to sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting the facility.Staff members will sanitize athletes’ hands via spray bottle or contactless dispensers during training sessions when necessary.
- Staff will complete comprehensive checklists before, between, and after training sessions to keep our equipment and facility sanitized and clean.
- Athletes and family members are asked to respect the standard social distancing guidelines of 6 feet at all times. Floor markings are present to assist with this in the gym.
- Staff will adhere to the standard social distancing guidelines of 6 feet as much as possible. Hands-on spotting of skills and close contact assistance of athletes through drills by staff members will only be performed when absolutely required for safety/confidence and will not be used to instruct new skills. Until further notice, hands-on spotting and close contact assistance techniques will be used minimally during private lessons, classes, and team practices.
- Stunting and partner/group choreography and activities where close contact is required will be excluded from the curriculum until further notice.
- All athletes should carry their cheer shoes into the gym and bring water in their own water bottle - the water fountain and concession stand will be closed until further notice. Please only bring your cheer shoes and a water bottle - no backpacks, snacks, or other items so we can keep the things going in and out of our gym to a minimum.
- Athletes and coaching staff may wear a mask while entering and exiting the facility, but we ask that during training they remove it as the risks of decreased oxygen levels, moisture collecting in the mask, mask shifting over eyes and face during movement, difficulty breathing in heat and humidity, and increased touching of face to adjust the mask outweigh any benefits they can provide to our athletes and staff that social distancing does not cover.
- We request that only parents and legal guardians enter our facility until further notice. One parent may stay in the lobby during private lessons. We will post designated times for parents to enter the lobby during non-congested training hours. We ask that all parents make an appointment to visit with the front desk to avoid congestion in the lobby and allow our athletes to have the social distance they need to stay safe outside of these posted times.
Rockstar Cheer Cleveland is dedicated to meeting or exceeding the guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health and will continue to monitor the standards to make changes as necessary to remain in compliance. Below are the links to the relevant items issued by the state with regards to our program if you would like more information on the topic.
Ohio Dept of Health COVID-19 Website All Sports General Non-Contact Sports
Gyms, Dance Instruction Studios, and Other Personal Fitness Venues
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our COVID-19 policies and procedures please reach out, we will be happy to help and clarify for your peace of mind. Please send emails to email@example.com
We value your trust in our staff, athletes, and families and sincerely appreciate your adherence to these guidelines during this unprecedented time. Our number one goal has remained firm to put the safety of our athletes at the forefront of our program. Thank you as always for ROCKIN’ with the BEST!