Rockstar Cheer Cleveland COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Last Update: December 9, 2020
Rockstar Cheer Cleveland has taken many steps within our program to make sure everything is as safe as possible for our athletes, staff, and families. Our staff is committed to excellence in adherence to these policies. We are requesting that athletes and their families assist us by following the guidelines below.
- All athletes, staff and family members should take their temperature prior to arriving at the facility. If their temperature is over 100 degrees, please have them stay home to rest and recover.
- Anyone experiencing the following symptoms within 24 hours prior to their scheduled team practice or class should stay home to rest and recover: Fever over 100 degrees, Chills, Cough, Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or Body Aches, Headache, Loss of Taste or Smell, Sore Throat, Congestion or Runny Nose, Nausea or Vomiting, Diarrhea.
- Staff will record attendance and responses to health screening questions to assist with contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
- Class sizes will be reduced and overall number of people in the facility will be limited to meet occupancy code restrictions as advised by the Ohio Department of Health.
- All athletes, staff and family members are asked to sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting the facility. Staff members will sanitize athletes’ hands via spray bottle or contactless dispensers during training sessions when necessary.
- Staff will complete comprehensive checklists before, between, and after training sessions to keep our equipment and facility sanitized and clean.
- Staff, athletes and family members are asked to respect the standard social distancing guidelines of 6 feet at all times when close contact is not required. Floor markings are present to assist with this in the gym.
- Staff will adhere to the standard social distancing guidelines of 6 feet as much as possible. Hands-on spotting of skills and close contact assistance of athletes through drills by staff members will only be performed when absolutely required for safety/confidence and will not be used to instruct new skills. Until further notice, hands-on spotting and close contact assistance techniques will be used minimally during private lessons, classes, and team practices.
- Masks will be worn when stunting and partner/group choreography and activities where close contact is required during team practice.
- All athletes should carry their cheer shoes into the gym and bring water in their own water bottle - the water fountain and concession stand will be closed until further notice. Please only bring your cheer shoes and a water bottle - no backpacks, snacks, or other items so we can keep the things going in and out of our gym to a minimum.
- Athletes and coaching staff may wear a mask while entering and exiting the facility, but we may ask that during parts of their training they remove it as the risks of decreased oxygen levels, moisture collecting in the mask, mask shifting over eyes and face during movement, difficulty breathing in heat and humidity, and increased touching of face to adjust the mask outweigh any benefits they can provide to our athletes and staff that social distancing does not cover. If you would like your athlete to wear a mask at all times, please let a member of our staff know and we will be happy to comply.
- We request that only parents and legal guardians enter our facility until further notice. One parent may stay in the lobby during private lessons. We will post designated times for parents to enter the lobby during non-congested training hours. We ask that all parents make an appointment to visit with the front desk to avoid congestion in the lobby and allow our athletes to have the social distance they need to stay safe outside of these posted times.
Rockstar Cheer Cleveland is dedicated to meeting or exceeding the guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health and will continue to monitor the standards to make changes as necessary to remain in compliance. Below are the links to the relevant items issued by the state with regards to our program if you would like more information on the topic.
Ohio Dept of Health COVID-19 Website All Sports
Contact Sport Practices and Non Contact Sport Competitions
Gyms, Dance Instruction Studios, and Other Personal Fitness Venues
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our COVID-19 policies and procedures please reach out, we will be happy to help and clarify for your peace of mind. Please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
We value your trust in our staff, athletes, and families and sincerely appreciate your adherence to these guidelines during this unprecedented time. Our number one goal has remained firm to put the safety of our athletes at the forefront of our program. Thank you as always for ROCKIN’ with the BEST!
Items Full Year Team Athletes SHOULD Bring to Team Practice
- Black & White Rockstar Tote Bag
- 2 Towels – 1 Moisture Wicking, 1 Cotton
- Rubber Bands with Initials
- Foam Cubes with Initials
- Ankle Weights
- Jump Rope
- Orange Yoga Mat
- Water Bottle
- Small Notebook & Pen
- Keys & Cell Phone
- Cheer Shoes Carried Inside
- Extra Mask
Items Half Year Team & Class Athletes SHOULD Bring to Class
- Small Bag
- Water Bottle
- Keys & Cell Phone
- Cheer Shoes Carried Inside
- Extra Mask
Items Athletes SHOULD NOT Bring to the Gym
- Large Backpacks
- Stuffed Animals & Toys
- Extra Clothing
- Snacks & Food Unless Specified/RequestedNote – Team Members/Double Teamers/Multiple Class Athletes may bring a healthy snack/meal if needed
What Should We Do If Missing Practice/Event/Class for COVID Concerns?
Please Note - Any health information shared with Rockstar staff will remain confidential in accordance with HIPPA Laws.
Athlete Not Feeling Well/Has COVID Symptoms
- Full Year Team Members Only:
- If you don’t mind if anyone knows and you are on the full year team, please enter the absence into Team App that the athlete is not feeling well and will not be attending.
- Full Year Team Member who would like to keep the information private, please email email@example.com the athlete is not feeling well and will not be attending.
- If you are a Half Year Team or Class Member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org that the athlete is not feeling well and will not be attending.
- Please do not return to the gym until the athlete has been asymptomatic for at least 24 hours without prescription or over the counter medication.
Someone in Household Not Feeling Well/COVID Symptoms/Getting COVID Test, etc.
- If the athlete does not show any symptoms of COVID, please use your best judgement when sending the athlete to practice/event/class. We recommend that the athlete be monitored closely for COVID symptoms.
- If COVID symptoms develop, please do not have the athlete return to the gym until they have been asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 24 hours. See guidance #1 above regarding communication.
Athlete Exposed to Someone who Tested Positive for COVID
- If the athlete does not show any symptoms of COVID, please use your best judgement when sending athlete to practice/event/class. We recommend that the athlete or employee be monitored closely for COVID symptoms.
- If COVID symptoms develop, please do not have the athlete return to the gym until they have been asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 72 hours OR have had a negative COVID test and have been asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 24 hours. Please see guidance #1 above regarding communication.
Athlete is Getting a COVID Test
- Please notify the gym via email at email@example.com that an athlete is getting tested. It is helpful for us to proactively monitor for outbreak – i.e. if we receive multiple emails we will know there could be a potential issue and take appropriate action faster than waiting for results.
- Please do not have the athlete return to the gym until the test result is received. If a negative test result is received, you may return to the gym when the athlete asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 24 hours. Please see guidance #1 above regarding communication.
- If a positive result is received, please notify the gym via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not have the athlete return to the gym until 14 days after 2 days prior to when the symptoms developed AND have asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 72 hours.
Who Has COVID? How Close Was My Athlete? Is It Their Stunt Group? What Do We Do Now?
The health information reported to us is private, and we are mandated by law to keep it that way. We cannot provide information that will identify the athlete who tested positive for COIVD. All athletes who may have had close contact will be notified that they have been potentially exposed to someone who has tested positive for COIVD. It is up to each family at that time to do what they see fit with the information. Additional resources will be listed in the email if you have questions or concerns.
What Does Rockstar Cleveland Do if an Athlete/Employee is Reported with a Positive COVID Test?
- We request that the athlete does not return the gym until 14 days after the 2 days prior to when symptoms appeared AND have been asymptomatic without prescription or over the counter medication for at least 72 hours.
- All Athletes in the gym who participated in the same class/practice/event as the Athlete/Employee with COVID will receive an email indicating possible exposure so parents can be watchful for COIVD symptoms. Athletes who were not in the gym at the same time as the athlete with COVID will not be sent this email. This is not required by law but recommended as a best practice to keep everyone informed and reduce the risk of continued spread of the virus.
- All members of the gym will be sent an email notifying them that we had an Athlete/Employee test positive for COVID. This is not required by law but recommended as a best practice to keep everyone informed and reduce the risk of continued spread of the virus.
- The Cuyahoga County Board of Health will be notified – They are tracing COVID cases in accordance with our business. For employees only, we will also notify the ODJFS. We are to report the person’s name and birthdate to these officials.
- Team(s) and/or class(es) that have been in close contact with the athlete/employee that tested positive may be held virtually for a short time following the notice of the positive COIVD test. Please note that if an athlete is suspected of COVID, they usually have stayed home for a practice or two while not feeling well and/or waiting for test results. It is likely that the team will only have one or two virtual practices/classes, if any, as we all monitor for possible spread. It is also quite likely that the athlete did not have COIVD when they were present in the gym as all parents have been very cautious and keeping athletes home who display even minor sniffles, aches, fever and cough, which are common this time of year with allergies, flus, and colds and are not necessarily conclusive of a positive COVID case. In this case we would not need to proceed with any virtual sessions as no one was exposed to the athlete while positive for COVID.
- Cleaning of the gym will be scheduled with a professional company. This is in addition to our comprehensive daily and weekly cleaning activities that are ongoing in the gym that occur regardless of reports of illness.
But my Team is Depending on Me! I Can’t Let Them Down!
Our athletes and families are fully committed to our program, and we greatly appreciate that! As a society we are used to ‘sucking it up’, ‘being tough’, and ‘taking one for the team’ when we are not feeling well. This is a different time we are in – please remind your athlete that they are doing their team and fellow athletes more justice by staying home than showing up and potentially getting their teammates sick. It is ok to stay home if you are not feeling well – it’s not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength and shows how much you care about your team and their family.
We are cross training Rockstar team members so we can practice and perform in a hybrid of ways, teaching athletes multiple positions instead of having them specialize in one as we have done in the past. The success of our season will heavily depend on our flexibility and ability to accommodate changes quickly with a positive attitude. We look for the best in every situation, including this one - We feel it is giving our athletes opportunities they may not have had otherwise as well as a more well-rounded training curriculum in both our sport and in preparing and dealing with unexpected change in a positive productive way.
I Have More Questions – Who Should I Ask?
Our staff is fully trained to answer most questions or concerns you may have regarding our COVID policies and protocol. Please feel free to discuss at any time with a member of our front desk staff or your athlete’s instructor. If for some reason they are unable to or uncomfortable with addressing your questions/concerns, they will take your contact information and the owner Coach Jayme will reach out to you with a response. You may email email@example.com or call (440) 914-1070 to reach a member of our staff without entering the gym. If it is of a personal nature and you would like the owner Coach Jayme to contact you directly, simply state that in your email/voicemail or relay to a member of our staff and she will respond privately.